Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Cliche That Needs a Reality Check

"Give me your tired, your poor,
Your huddled masses yearning to breathe free,
The wretched refuse of your teeming shore.
Send these, the homeless, tempest-tossed to me,
I lift my lamp beside the golden door!"


This great country was built by the rejects of other countries. That's right, I called your ancestors rejects. Well, they were. They were poor, desperate, and gave up everything and everyone they knew up for a chance at a better life because their home countries has nothing to offer them. They would have gladly stayed if they could have made a living at home but that wasn't an option, so off to America they went.






------------------------------->
Your Ancestor

(thanks for the pic wonkette)












Just keep in mind those who are truly grateful and devoted to this country are the ones that realize it took them in and gave them a chance when no one else would.

No comments: